2016 LB Rankings
1. Myles Jack LB, UCLA | 6’1″ – 230lbs
Incredible athlete that will be a versatile weapon on defense. Has the ability to roam sideline to sideline as well as cover RB’s and TE’s in space. Has the strength and toughness to set the edge in the run game. The only weakness in his game is that he is not a great pass rusher
2. Darron Lee OLB, Ohio State | 6’2″ – 230lbs
Gifted athlete with incredible closing speed. Has the ability to cover sideline to sideline and closes on players with exceptional speed. Is a true 3 down linebacker with the ability to cover and play in space.
3. Leonard Floyd OLB, Georgia | 6’4″ – 240lbs
Natural pass rusher and with excellent length and ability to cause havoc in the backfield. Can beat tackles with speed and quickness and finish by securing the passer.
4. Scooby Wright III OLB, Arizona | 6’1″ – 246lbs
Highly instinctive playmaker who is always around the ball. Has the ability to avoid and shed blockers in order to get to the ball carrier. True sideline to sideline defender.
5. Dadi Nicholas OLB, Virginia Tech | 6’4″ – 235lbs
Versatile linebacker with the ability to stop the run, and rush the passer. Has the size and movement ability that teams covet.
1. Jaylon Smith ILB Notre Dame | 6’2″ – 235lbs
Versatile ILB with the ability to stop the run, rush the passer and cover in space. He closes in ball carriers at an alarming speed, relentless in pursuit, and always around the ball.
2. Reggie Ragland ILB, Alabama | 6’2″ – 250lbs
Physical in the box thumper and run stopper. Can set the tone for the defense and provide leadership, but limited athletically.
3. Kendrell Brothers ILB, Missouri | 6’1″ – 235lbs
Playmaker with the ability to impact the game on all three downs.
4. Kris Frost ILB, Auburn | 6’2″ – 235lbs
Gifted run defender with the ability to read and diagnose plays quickly.
5. Dominque Alexander ILB, Oklahoma | 6’0″ – 228lbs
Solid run defender with the ability to meet runners in the hole.